Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): SQL Server 2005
Computer certification programs are setting the standards for the information technology (IT) industry worldwide. Although most careers in the IT and communications fields are lucrative and lead to rapid advancement, you can move ahead even more rapidly if you have been certified. In fact, you often can earn a salary increase of 20% or more once you become certified. Nowadays, having a degree in computer science just isn't enough. Companies are demanding that their IT professionals be certified as a way to measure their skills as well as to guarantee that they can perform their jobs successfully. In short, certification will help a computer professional get a good job and stay competitive in what is now a highly demanding IT environment.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): SQL Server 2005 implement and maintain databases using specific instructions and specifications. They have thorough knowledge of the product, understand how to use the tools and Transact-SQL language, and know how to explore the user interface. Technology Specialists typically pursue careers as database administrators, database developers, or business intelligence developers. They may also be developers and systems administrators who do not work with SQL Server daily but who want to show their breadth of technology experience.
Exam 70-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 – Implementation and Maintenance
- Installing SQL Server 2005
- Configuring SQL Server 2005
- Creating and Implementing Database Objects in SQL Server 2005
- Retrieving Data and Running Queries in SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server 2005 Messaging and Querying Tools
- Managing and Maintaining SQL Server 2005 Databases
- SQL Server 2005 Database Performance and Optimization
- Monitoring and Diagnosing Database Problems in SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server 2005 High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- SQL Server 2005 Backup and Restores