Soft Skills in Communication
As an IT support pro, you not only need to be able to diagnose computer problems, you also must be able to effectively communicate the problem to the user. In their continual struggle to align IT with the business, IT executives say they’re increasingly looking for staffers who have, in addition to technical credentials, strong soft skills. Clear communication with nontechnical people can help eliminate inter-departmental communication barriers, and increase your productivity.
In addition, the shifting economy and ever-evolving industry have expanded job roles, making it essential for the IT pro to wear many different hats. Aside from simply providing technical assistance, support pros may find themselves taking on the job of salesperson, manager, or public speaker.
Experts agree that communication is the most important nontechnical skill for IT pros to master. Whether it’s speaking with a customer, interacting with coworkers, or drawing a diagram, you must use clear, understandable language.
Some recruiters believe that soft skills make the difference between the candidate who is hired and the second choice applicant. Employers today seek flexibility, teamwork and integrity. They realize that someone who communicates well and has a strong work ethic makes a good employee. As a result, incorporating these skills on your resume may make the difference between getting an interview and getting passed over.
- Business Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Business Writing Essentials
- International Communications
- Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Effective Listening
- Working with and Managing Difficult People
- Communicating Assertively
- Professionalism and Business Etiquette
- Building Improved Work Relationships
- Business Grammar Essentials
- Email Essentials
- Giving Successful Presentations
- The Effective Business Meeting
- Conflict in the Workplace
- Telephone Skills For Business Professionals
- Getting the Results You Want: Negotiating to Win
- Obtaining Results without Authority
- Effective Use of Feedback for Business
- Anger Management in The Workplace
- How to Write an Effective Internal Business Case
- Professional Telephone Skills
- International Business Skills - Culture, Customs and Norms