CIW Security Professional
Computer certification programs are setting the standards for the information technology (IT) industry worldwide. Although most careers in the IT and communications fields are lucrative and lead to rapid advancement, you can move ahead even more rapidly if you have been certified. In fact, you often can earn a salary increase of 20% or more once you become certified. Nowadays, having a degree in computer science just isn't enough. Companies are demanding that their IT professionals be certified as a way to measure their skills as well as to guarantee that they can perform their jobs successfully. In short, certification will help a computer professional get a good job and stay competitive in what is now a highly demanding IT environment.
This training would be beneficial for individuals looking for IT job positions such as: Network Security Specialist, Senior Security Engineer, Information Security Manager or a Chief Security Officer.
The CIW Security Professional exam focuses on management and deployment of e-business transaction and payment security solutions. This certification validates knowledge and skills in implementing e-business security policies; identifying security threats; developing countermeasures using firewall systems and attack-recognition technologies; and managing the deployment of security solutions.
CIW Security Professionals are responsible for the implementation of e-business security policies and technologies.
Exam 1D0-470: CIW Security Professional
- Introduction to Security in Networked Environments
- Encryption Technologies
- Firewalls and VPNs
- Securing Access to Networks
- Intrusion Detection and Response in Networked Environments
- Security Analysis and Auditing in Networked Environments
- Operating System and File Security Issues
You will also need one of the following certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker(CEH)
- Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Convergence Technologies Professional (CTP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-FWV)
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Level 2
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Level 3
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security (MCSE: Security)
- Novell Certified Linux Engineer
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Symantec Certified Technical Specialist (SCTS)